Greetings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings.

Post by NewDGC on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm

I noticed my 'Nyo death combo' video was getting embedded on this site and gathering views, so I decided to take a look at this site. Then I noticed something, your username. TheBeatlesPkmnFan42. I've seen you multiple times on YouTube videos, with your comments from dates reaching as far back as January 2011. You subscribed to my YouTube channel (I think), and you commented on a few videos I uploaded.

I feel kind of creepy saying this, but I have been watching you for a while. Nobody I have ever seen has ever been this passionate about a (in comparison) small anime series that reached its peak in 2003.

I had a brief phase in February 2011 where I gained a huge interest in Di Gi Charat. 'Party Night' was the related video to something I was watching, and with nothing to do I just clicked on it. I didn't like anime, I didn't really care for Japanese things or the language itself but as soon as I saw these cute little girls I just could not get enough of this show.

Something about it's dated animation style and lack of plot, substance, or anything thereof just kind of stuck to me and kept me thinking in the daytime. I ordered the manga series that was translated into English, Dejiko's Fluffy Fleece Cap, and every single Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat DVD released in the US. The lack of videos on Di Gi Charat on YouTube kind of bothered me, so I created NewDGC, the YouTube channel that brought unseen DVD extras, DVD rips, and commercials never before on the internet. All of which I got from a massive 26GB torrent uploaded on some russian anime website that looked extremely shady.

The series brought me to watch other anime shows like Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate, both of which I enjoyed greatly in 2011, but as soon as 2012 hit I kind of turning point. Something about Japanese otaku culture disgusted me outright. It might've been when I went to /jp/ for the first time and realized it was a haven for dumping your "shitposts" (sorry if foul language isn't tolerated here). This explains why I didn't bother to upload any more videos. I couldn't bring myself to place an image and an mp3 file into Sony Vegas, export it, and upload it to YouTube anymore.

NewDGC is kind of at a break right now, I have papers and programming projects due, and anime kind of lost its touch on me. I don't really want to show my true online alias, as people still don't know I like weird Japanese things.

So, hello. It's good to finally make contact with you on your own forum. Hello to GaussBot, also. :cat:
NewDGC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings.

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Welcome to DGCF! Have fun!

Signature:

I am the admin and I often forget to visit my own forum for long periods of time. If you find that I'm doing this, please remind me on my Tumblr, as I have anon asks activated.
Spoiler:

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Admin

View user profile http://askthebeatlespkmnfan42.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum