Activation e-mails are a thing again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Activation e-mails are a thing again

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 am

As you may know if you've signed up recently, account activation has been handled manually by me for a while now. However, it was not always like that, it used to be an activation e-mail like most other forums. Until a spambot signed up and posted a bunch of links with long URLs. Of course, this was minor compared to some spambot issues other forums have (I joined the official Aquabats forum not long ago and it had has hundreds - maybe thousands of spambots sign up in a few months, there were are hundreds of spam-filled threads, it was is chaos.). Anyway, they had that account, and a second one that they never posted with (I knew it was the same person because the e-mail they signed up with was almost identical. To prevent this sort of issue from happening again, I set it up to where I would manually activate each account that would sign up.

Of course, this was back when I checked this forum daily, which I have not been doing the past few months. Believe, I am not the most active admin like I should be, of course when the forum as a whole isn't very active (understandable, given that this fandom outside Japan is tiny as fuck). Anyway, I haven't been the most responsible admin in that way, and I can admit that. I know some of you who have yet to post ended up waiting a while for your accounts to be activated, and now they are. Things are now set back up to the way they were before, with activation e-mails. This will make things easier for both me and you. I will probably never change this again unless we ever get an issue as large as the one the Aquabats forum got, and let's hope that never happens.

Anyway, enjoy the much less hassle-free activation e-mails, future members!

Signature:

I am the admin and I often forget to visit my own forum for long periods of time. If you find that I'm doing this, please remind me on my Tumblr, as I have anon asks activated.
Spoiler:

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Admin

View user profile http://askthebeatlespkmnfan42.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top