Panyo Panyo's Dubbing Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panyo Panyo's Dubbing Error

Post by GaussBot on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Okay, this has a bit more to do with the beginning of the series in particular.
When Panyo started off, there was some confusion with pronunciation.
I have no idea why, but they pronounce Puchiko's name, "Petty-Co." It seems like they tried to conjoin both Petit Charat and Puchiko into a sort of Petit-ko hybrid. It didn't work.
They caught the mistake and immediately started saying Puchiko soon after.
I have no idea why, but I've always questioned that.
I also watch everything in the English dubs, so I guess I just scope out smaller details like that a bit easier. Also, wanting to be a voice actor makes me listen to other peoples' speech a bit closer.

Just thought this was a neat little subject to bring up. :P

GaussBot

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/EarthBronies

Back to top Go down

Re: Panyo Panyo's Dubbing Error

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:45 pm

GaussBot wrote:Okay, this has a bit more to do with the beginning of the series in particular.
When Panyo started off, there was some confusion with pronunciation.
I have no idea why, but they pronounce Puchiko's name, "Petty-Co." It seems like they tried to conjoin both Petit Charat and Puchiko into a sort of Petit-ko hybrid. It didn't work.
They caught the mistake and immediately started saying Puchiko soon after.
I have no idea why, but I've always questioned that.
I also watch everything in the English dubs, so I guess I just scope out smaller details like that a bit easier. Also, wanting to be a voice actor makes me listen to other peoples' speech a bit closer.

Just thought this was a neat little subject to bring up. :P

Yeah, I noticed that. That's one of the reason why I decited to torrent it subbed like two years ago. I really never watch anime dubbed. They always seem to make mistakes. Whenever someone reccomends that I check out an anime, I just look it up subbed right away.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Admin

View user profile http://askthebeatlespkmnfan42.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GaussBot on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 pm

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that. That's one of the reason why I decited to torrent it subbed like two years ago. I really never watch anime dubbed. They always seem to make mistakes. Whenever someone reccomends that I check out an anime, I just look it up subbed right away.

I've always enjoyed the original audio, but dubs are just nicer to me, most of the time. There are times when it isn't bearable, but I think some people are too critical of dubs. Honestly, though they never could seem to get a right voice for Dejiko, aside from Luci's voice in PPDGC, her English voices are all close to my heart (even Nyo! Dejiko, regardless of how naisilly it is).
But I generally always just watch anime on DVD or I don't watch it. :P There are exceptions, where I'll watch it on Toonami, Toonami Aftermath or Youtube/Netflix. But I never got into torrents for them. Always a bit shady to me (says the guy who torrented Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 onto his computer).

GaussBot

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/EarthBronies

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 am

GaussBot wrote:
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that. That's one of the reason why I decited to torrent it subbed like two years ago. I really never watch anime dubbed. They always seem to make mistakes. Whenever someone reccomends that I check out an anime, I just look it up subbed right away.

I've always enjoyed the original audio, but dubs are just nicer to me, most of the time. There are times when it isn't bearable, but I think some people are too critical of dubs. Honestly, though they never could seem to get a right voice for Dejiko, aside from Luci's voice in PPDGC, her English voices are all close to my heart (even Nyo! Dejiko, regardless of how naisilly it is).
But I generally always just watch anime on DVD or I don't watch it. :P There are exceptions, where I'll watch it on Toonami, Toonami Aftermath or Youtube/Netflix. But I never got into torrents for them. Always a bit shady to me (says the guy who torrented Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 onto his computer).

I was fine with Dejiko's Nyo voice. Of all the dubs, the voice that annoyed me the most was Gema's Nyo voice. In all the other dubs, it sounded close to his original voice, yet in the Nyo dub, his voice is really off. It always bugged me.

EDIT: I may as well point out that I kind of hate every dub in the franchise. Not to mention the dub of the Wonderful Version is essentially ear rape.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Admin

View user profile http://askthebeatlespkmnfan42.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top